Thursday, July 1, 2010

Booking Through Thursday 1

Hey guys! So I thought we should start doing memes. (Not all of them obviously.) So we're starting with Booking Through Thursday! This meme was started by the site booking through thursday. Basically they're a new book related question each thursday posted at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ . This week's question is...


"Name a book or author that you truly wanted to love but left you disappointed. (And, of course, explain why.)"

We'll leave our responses and you can either comment with yours or go to the link above to leave a comment there.

Amanda: Shelbie is going to hate me for this, but the one book that left me disappointed was Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott. I had heard so much about how good her books were, but it wasn't "amazing" like I thought it would be. The characters were fantastic, and so was the plot. But the writing just wasn't "special" and I felt like not everything that needed to be there was fit into the 200 something pages. It was still a good book, it got three stars in my review, but it didn't live up to amazing, which is a hard thing to do anyways. I hope when I read more Elizabeth Scott that it will be amazing. :)

Shelbie: Yes. I do hate you Amanda. No I'm just kidding. Mine was The Turning by Helen Ellis, I'm a judge a book by it's cover person and I always have been. So I was at the B&N and and saw the cover, and it was amazing, it was also turned forward so you could see the whole cover, and at the B&N you know that makes the book super legit. So I read it and the characters were underdeveloped and the plot was annoying, you can see the full review over in reviews. But I still wish that the book lived up to its amazing cover! Kudos to the cover artist, not to the author.

Love always,

Shelbie and Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Mine was Emma by Jane Austin. I wanted to be the intellectual reader, that liked classics. However, it wasn't meant to be. I couldn't get past the first chapter after four attempts. I've learned to accept this, and am avoiding classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen , and Wuthering Heights by one of the bronte sisters(emily i think?), but I've been trying to read Sense and Sensibility (also by Jane Austen) and I just can't get through it... so this is why I stick to wat I know I like, YA with lots of romance :)

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried reading Elizabeth Scott, "Unwritten Rule" I think it was. I feel Scott writing for a younger age group that I (almost 50) but I like anything by Austen but I am old that's just it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I didn't like that Elizabeth Scott book either!

    -Shelbie

    ReplyDelete