Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apperently We Won Something?!

So... we won the versatile blogger award? We won it from the awesome Amelia from The Authoress!

This is how the award works:
Shout from the mountaintop and slap this up all over your blog. :) Link back to the person who gave you the award.

Share seven things about yourself.

Once you're done doing a happy dance, pass this award along to 15 other blogs. It can be awarded for any reason.

Make sure you contact the bloggers so that they know they've won! :)


So I guess I'll post seven things about me and Amanda will if she wants....

Shelbie's 7 Things:

1. I'll be a sophomore in high school this year!
2. I'm a dancer. I love jazz and Musical Theatre dancing!
3. I hate winter. Which is a great thing to hate for a Minnesota kid.
4. I am an avid Pretty Little Liars reader and watcher. I'm addicted!
5. My dream job is to run my own Architecture business.
6. I love back to school shopping. I could live in Office Max! :)
7. I have two dogs and a cat, all of which are completely spoiled! :)

Amanda's 7 things:
1. I am the only girl in my family, with one little brother and 2 older brothers. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing....
2. I am extremely happy. ALL.THE.TIME. Except for when someone does one of my pet peeves.
3. Speaking of pet peeves, I hate when people clean up my room. HATE IT. I'm really specific about where everything goes in there, especially my (color coded) closet.
4. The funny thing? I am NOT a neat person. I don't pick up a lot, my clothes are ALWAYS on the floor. I just happen to like everything in it's right place. And the right place for my clothes is on the floor. :)
5. I really do not like clothes shopping. I like getting new clothes, but I hate trying them on. But I do love shopping for books, cool stuff to hang on my walls, or listfully looking at awesome e-readers that I can't afford.
6. I happen to love Minnesota.  I can't stand the heat. But I don't neseccarily like the cold. I just love Minnesota. Especially in the Fall. Oh, and I love the lakes :) It's weird driving through other states and not seeing tons of lakes.
7. I'm a marketing dork. I'm in a marketing/business club at school called DECA, where you make d campaigns and stuff. It's really intense and I LOVE IT. But that does NOT mean I want to go into marketing when I grow up. Maybe I'll minor in it, but I actually want to be an anthropologist or a sociologist. And I think it'd be cool to work at a museum. :) But not one with paintings and stuff. The other kind, I forgot what it's called.
So Shelbie said we'd tag fourteen blogs, but that was a lie. Because she picked all the blogs that I love. :) I added a few notes to why we picked them though.

Okay I tag:

1. Holly from Good Golly Miss Holly - J showed this blog to me (Amanda) and I really loved the books she was reading, the fact that she had ARC tours, and all the other awesome things on her blog. Plus, Holly is just awesome :)
2. Vanessa and Isalys from Book Soulmates - We really liked this blog, because they reminded us a lot of ourselves. Shelbie and I became friends before we startd sharing books, but like them, we got uber close because we both loved books.
3. Jeremy from Novel Thoughts - Okay, it's just awesome to hear a guy's POV once in a while. And he has  pretty great one.
4. Kris from Voracious YAppetite - I personally love Kris's blog, for her UBER unique blog title, and the awesome names of her posts. (YAdda YAdda for example.) And if you go there, you will see for yourself that everything she writes is extremely well written and totally her own.
5. Monica from Ramblings of a Book Addict - Okay, love that hader, and LOVE her background! Plus, she's just awesome :) And it's kind of cool that she's just a year older than us. But don't quote me on that, it says 16 onher profile and that's what I'm going by!
6. Alyssa, Jake and Gregory from Teens Read and Write - Okay, this blog is totally unique. They review not only books, but movies too. And they always have lots of other fun stuff on their blog! Plus, their header is epic.
7. Pirate Penguin from Pirate Penguin Reads Oooh what to say what to say. Go to this blog and you'll find well writte reviews, and a really awesome header and background :)

So go forth and check out their blogs and go thank Amelia for giving us our first award! eep!

xoxo and Love Always,

Shelbie and Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award and for the list of awesome blogs to check out, I'm now following Book Soulmates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award and thanks so much for passing it on to me! I really appreciate it! (And I really am 16 :P I'm not some weird creeper lying bout my age lol) I didn't realize you guys were 15! (although I should have because I watched your IMM!) Most bloggers I feel are older so it's always cool to find others my age! Any way I'm rambling! Thanks again!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete