Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Release Date: 04.27.2010
Publisher: Walker & Company
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 324
Overall:

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

I read this book a while ago and just downloaded it on my nook and realised I never reviewed it.

So that is what I will be doing now.

I loved Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, so when I heard about this sequel needless to say, I picked it up as soon as it hit the stands. I was not disappointed… NOT.ONE.BIT! In fact, I think I enjoy this one more than Perfect Chemistry, Rules of Attraction is funny, romantic, edgy and unforgettable! I loved the dialog, pranks and slapstick funny scenes throughout the novel, but most of all, I loved the sincere moments between bad-boy Carlos and goodie two shoes Kiara. It’s a page turner that will leave you sad at the end, but only because you’ve finished the book so quickly.

In Rules of Attraction, we meet Alex’s hot headed and rebellious younger brother Carlos. He arrives in Colorado to live with his brother, but immediately lands himself in trouble with the law after a school drug bust where he was clearly framed. Carlos meets Kiara who is so opposite of anyone he ever imagined falling for and through a series of circumstances, finds himself living with her family because of the good graces of her father who wants to give Carlos the second chance he feels he deserves. This begins Carlos and Kiara's rollercoaster of a ride with its fair share of ups and downs.

This was such a great sequel to Perfect Chemistry, and I loved revisiting two of my fave characters, Alex and Britt. But most of all, what a great cover to the book! I loved it because it captured one of the most endearing moments in the story between the two main characters. Oh! AND great title, as it serves to remind us there are no rules of attraction, it just happens naturally. Awesome read that I recommend without hesitation.

Cover:
Characters:
Plot:
Writing:
Ending:

xoxo,
Shelbie

No comments:

Post a Comment