Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (14)

Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy For Books where bloggers can get together and discuss what they love: books! Check out the rest of this week's blogger hop posts here.

Ok, on to the question!

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

Amanda's Answer: That would definitely have to be historical fiction. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into it. I don't like reading about Victorian era girls going to parties and meeting bachelors. I just don't. I like steampunk, especially when it's urban fantasy too, but I don't like straight up historical fiction or period fiction. Shelbie loves them, but I hate them. It's just the way it is I guess.

That's my answer, make sure to go link yours and check out everybody else's!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy historical fiction once in a while.
    Hopping by to say hello and wish you a fabulous weekend!

    http://www.cafeofdreamsbookreviews.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop-722.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so interesting. I used to love historical fiction when I was a kid, but now that I'm oldr I find it rather dry and boring. I'll sometimes find a book I'll enjoy, but it's not my preferred genre. Unless it's got some element of fantasy in it like time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara-- me too, can't get into it unless it has some other element that doesn't make it a straight up historical fiction. - amanda

    ReplyDelete