Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beach Reads Summer Challenge : Favorite Strong Female Character

Hi guys! So I am participating in the 2011 Beach Reads Summer Challenge over at Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile. I'm I bit behind on my posts, but here's the first one!

For me, having a strong female character makes a good book ten times better, so you can bet I have lots of kickass girls to pick from. There's Clary from the Mortal Instrument Series, Fire from Fire by Kristin Cashore, and Tessa from The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. However, none of these girls are my favorite.

My favorite strong female character has definitely got to be Raisa from the Seven Realms series. Now what makes Raisa so kickass? Well, Raisa just has the package deal I guess. As the princess heir, she's devoted to making her queendom a better place. Not only does she create the Briar Rose ministry to help the people outside of the Castle Close, but she also tries to understand all aspects of her queendom by getting trained by the Demonai clan and going to Odens Ford to hone her military skills. Now as a princess, choosing between duty and love can be difficult, but Raisa seems to know (most of the time) which one to choose. Also, even though Raisa's a princess, she insists on not being treated as one. Although she can be extremely stubborn at times, it's always in the interest of her friends and family. Raisa is constantly thrown into life threatening situations, but she doesn't run away and hide. Instead, she stands beside her friends and fights like a fierce warrior. Along with that, Raisa isn't afraid to speak up. It can be difficult when you're trying to be heard by the Queen, the High Wizard, and various military officials, but Raisa manages to be heard every single time.

With insane fighting and riding skills, fierce loyalty and sense of duty, and the ability to stand up for herself, Raisa is most definitely my favorite strong female character.

Feel free to comment telling me about your favorite strong female character or linking to your Summer Challenge posts.

Enjoy!

Love always,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment