Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen



Characters:
Plot:
Dialogue:
Cover:

When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't
mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her
mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's
something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He
certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy
just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to
understand what those love songs are all about?

Okay this might just be me, but ever since I read my very first Sarah Dessen book, The Truth About Forever, I've always been very focused on her writing a new book that lives up to the expectations of that one, so I'm sort of biased. But so far nothing has lived up to it. Maybe because it was my first Sarah Dessen book. But, somehow I feel like nothing will be as good. This Lullaby wasn't bad, I just have high expectations.

This story is about Remy Starr, who doesn't believe in love, unless it's scheduled, planned or completely mapped out with a clear beginning and end. Until she meets Dexter, who goes with the flow and completely neglects Remy's planning, if you're big on the opposites attract thing, this is the book for you. I love all of Sarah Dessen's characters, within reason, I found Remy easy to deal with, and could relate to her wanting some order in her life, I loved Dexter and his random lines and declarations of love, he was very cute. The plot was slow at parts, maybe because there were only spurts of Remy&Dexter moments, and i'm a complete sucker for a love story. The dialogue was cute, like I said, a lot of the characters had very cute lines. Overall not a bad read.


xoxo,

Shelbie

No comments:

Post a Comment