Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause



Plot:

Characters:

Dialogue:

Vivian Gandillon relishes the change, the sweet, fierce ache that carries her from girl to wolf. At sixteen, she is beautiful and strong, and all the young wolves are on her tail. But Vivian grieves for her dead father; her pack remains leaderless and in disarray, and she feels lost in te suburbs of Maryland. She longs for a normal life. But what is normal for a werewolf?
Then Vivian falls in love with a human, a meat-boy. Aiden is kind and gentle, a welcome relief from the squabbling pack. He's fascinated by magic, and Vivian longs to reveal herself t him. Surely he would understand her and delight in th wonder of her dual nature, not fear her as an ordinary human would.
Vivian's divided loyalties are strained further when a brutal murder threatens to expose the pacl. Moving between two worlds, she doesn't seem to belong to either. What is she really- human or beast? Which tastes sweeter- blood or chocolate?
Okay, so I picked this up at the library because it fit with June's Genre of the Month, Supernatural. Well, I'll start with the things I didn't like. In the beginning of the book, the way Vivian spoke seemed sort of crude. Overall, the writing in the beginning was not very poetic at all. BUT as the book went on, I didn't hate Vivian as much, and the writing did pretty well. And even though Aiden did not seem like someone I would have liked, his character was pretty loveable. Again, my only complaint with the characters was Vivian, she was very crude and open. But I guess the author was just illustrating the werewolf side of her, so I understand. One thing I LOVED though was the plot. It had so many twists and turns! It was predictable, but not too predictable. Like, there was a teensy bit of foreshadowing and you got clues from the characters' behaviour. All in all, this book was pretty good. I only wish there was a sequel, because the ending was unexpected and I wanted to know what happened next. But still, I'd recommend this book.
Love always,
Amanda







No comments:

Post a Comment