Thursday, August 12, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (6)

As some of you know I was gone last weekend but I am gettin back into the swing of things with another Booking Through Thursday! If you want to join the fun, click the link and comment on the BTT website or comment below! I would love to read your answers!

Have your reading choices changed over the years? Or pretty much stayed the same?

Shelbie's Answer:
Essentially, yes. I mean I'm not reading books in the kid section anymore, but the overall composition of the story is the same. Does that make sense? Probably not. I have always been a sucker for romance, witty, sarcastic lines, a twist-y turn-y plot and a strong female heroine and that's something that I think I'll just always love even when I gear myself toward the adult section which wont happen for a while because I love YA so much :)
Amanda's Answer:
No, they are definitely not the same is before! Lets just say that I never truly knew what an AMAZING book was a few years ago. Yes, I would finish most of my books and be like "Wow, that was pretty good!" but I never truly understood what made a truly good book. Now I know that I love books that are totally unique, usually sci-fi or Fantasy, with a hint of romance, snarky comments, and a kick butt heroine. I'm big on books with deeper meanings too. Like... I don't know how to explain it, I like books where the character thinks they're doing something for one reason... but really they're doing it for a different more complex reason. So, long story short. I think I choose higher quality books now, and now I know what I actually like. So this would be a HUGE change I guess.
Please comment with your answers because this is a question where I would love to see if your answer is different or the same as mine! :)

xoxo and Love Always,

Shelbie and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment