Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quotes 5.6.2010

Hello there! Ok, so Shelbie made these posts quotes of the day. Yeah, everyday? Good luck with that one Shelbie. All though I have oodles of Mortal Instruments quotes, I doubt you guys want only those. So I started digging through my books... looking for my favorite quotes. Yeah, I need to start a quote journal from all my books. Well, here's your quotes of the day, brought to you by moi, Amanda. :)

only three today, oh well :)


3)"Had he been in my place, and I in his, though I hated him with a hatred that turned my life to gall, I never would have raised a hand against him. You may look incredulous, if you please! I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. The moment her regard ceased, i would have torn his heart out, and drunk his blood!" Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Oh, I am a sucker for a classic :) I love Wuthering Heights.


2) "And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me." Cassandra Clare, City of Glass.



1) "But, Anne, a broken heart in real life isn't half as dreadful as it is in books. It's a good deal like a bad tooth... though you won't think that a very romantic simile. It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and then, but between times it lets you enjoy life and dreams and echoes and peanut candy as if there were nothing the matter with it." Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery, p. 203 And that, my friends, is the beauty of Montgomery's writing. And you wonder why I love the Anne of Green Gables series so much... it's because quotes like this just make me sigh and my heart smile. Now that, is reading for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment