Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quotes 5.10.10

Well, hello there! This post has deleted itself twice since I've written it, because my internet keeps being stupid. But anyways, out of love for you guys I rewrote quotes of the day, twice, for the past two days I missed. Anyways, enjoy the awesome quotes and my use of Cassandra Clare and Oscar Wilde and their highly quotable writing. Love, Amanda (note: these are in no particular order.)

1)"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 1

2)Indeed, no woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.The Importance of Being Earnest Oscar Wilde, Act 3.

3) “’ You invited him into bed?’ Simon demanded, looking shaken. ‘Ridiculous isn’t it?’ Said Jace. ‘We would never have all fit.’” City of Bones, Cassandra Clare

4) “I feel… as if… somebody… had handed me… the moon… and I didn’t know… exactly… what to do… with it.” Anne of Avonlea, L.M. Montgomery

5)”’ Come now. A mother can tell when her son lies. Are you eating?’ ‘No,’ Brigan said gravely. ‘I’ve not eaten in two months. It’s a hunger strike to protest the spring flooding in the south.’ ‘Gracious,’ Roen said, reaching for the fruit bowl. ‘Have an apple, dear.’” Fire, Kristin Cashore

6) “’ Take my advice and live for a long, long time,’ Mom reads. ‘Because the maddest thing a man can do in this life is to let himself die.’” Going Bovine, Libba Bray

No comments:

Post a Comment