Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn



Characters:
Plot:
Writing:
Cover:


Talia fell under a spell . . . . Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place, in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?




I. Love. This. Author. I had read Beastly when I heard that it was coming out as a movie, and me, having a slight obsession with Alex Pettyfer (Kyle Kingsley) I went out and read it, and it was awesome. A Kiss in Time, however, greatly surpassed it! I grabbed this one at the B&N on thurs when I got Wanted and finished this one in one night. That’s how amazing this is.

Told with switching viewpoints between Talia and Jack, this story is a modern re-telling of the classic tale Sleeping Beauty, and I definitely like this story better! One thing I love about Flinn's writing is the characters. One of the main, Jack, was funny and sweet, and really cared about Talia. Talia was so funny how she wasn't used to 21st century language and gadgets, but without being annoying. The plot followed the basic plot of Sleeping Beauty without seeming overdone or unrealistic, which is always good, but there wasn't anything overly amazing about the plot. Finally, the dialogue! That is what completely MADE this book, everyone had insane, awesome, funny dialogue that was just leaves me at such a loss for words, it’s incredible! Overall I think you should def. check out A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn!

No comments:

Post a Comment