Monday, January 17, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Release Date: 10/19/10
Publisher: Philomel
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 452
Overall:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


I got this book on an ARC tour I forgot I was on (thumbs up for surprises!) and I'm so glad I was on it, or else I might not have picked it up. Nightshade was a new take on werewolves that was not cliche at all and very much needed.

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like Calla, but she grew throughout the story and learned not to just accept what everyone tells you is true, but to find out for yourself. I think that this is a really important lesson for everyone and I'm glad that it was included. :) And this is one of the very (veryveryvery) few books where I finished it teamless, I'm kind of leaning toward Shay if you were wondering.

Like I said before, the plot was really unique and refreshing and Andrea Cremer writes really well, especially as a debut novelist. Yay for Minnesota authors!

Overall, Nightshade was very very good. Oh yeah, and I'm starting the waiting line for Wolfsbane... cliffhangerssuck

Cover:
Characters:
Plot:
Writing:
Ending:


What team are you on?

xoxo,
Shelbie

2 comments:

  1. Great review ! I Can't wait for Wolfsbane either =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too - I've got wolfsbane and can't wait to get started. That cliffhanger was torture!

    ReplyDelete