Sunday, September 19, 2010

Personal Blog 1

Alrighty, First of all, I forgot to put in that post that this post needs a cool name! If you've got one comment below with it!! :)

So, a lot of people had really good suggestions for this post, if you didn't take the survey you can take it HERE, I hope you do because I love your feedback!

It's homecoming week this week!!! I'm super psyched to get to go to school scrub tomorrow for comfy day. It's nice to not feel like you have to look somewhat presentable. :) I would probably be more excited if our football team might be able to win. But alas, you can't not go to the homecoming game. Maybe by some miracle our team will win. For a while it thought I was going to to a spirit day post for each day of the week. But due to the fact that I have zero minutes to myself these days. That is not a possibility. Maybe next year.

We got our school pictures back and I like mine this year. I look so old! It's weird to think that my High School experience is almost half over! Crazy man!

There's a whole bunch of drama involving someone wanting to ban Speak. Whenever I think about banning books, I think of Fahrenheit 451, I think of how our whole class thought of how unrealistic that type of world was. I am so annoyed that someone thinks that they can decide for the rest of us what we want to read. I'm a strong believer in thinking for yourself and hate when people think it's okay to decide things for me. I proud of how much press that this is getting Speak. I'm not going to lie and say it was my favourite book ever. But it deserves to be read by anyone who wants to read it. I don't care if it's not on the approved reading list.

So, I now leave you with a question to ponder and answer on your own blog.

What did/does your school do for homecoming week?

That's what is on my mind this Sunday. What's on yours?

Make sure to link your blog here:



Shelbie

No comments:

Post a Comment