Sunday, October 17, 2010

What I'm craving...

Hey guys... so I was going to post a review, but Blogger is lame and something went wrong while I was writing it. So I gave up for now. Anyhoo... I just wanted to write a quick little post about my current literary obsession. I am very much in the mood for Dystopian novels right now. I read The Maze Runner by James Dashner the other day and am currently in the middle of the sequel, The Scorch Trials. So the point of this post is to a) Tell you how amazing James Dashner is and b) ask for suggestions of some very good dystopian novels. If you don't know what dystopian novels are... they're books that are set in a time period sometime after the "end of the world." Think Hunger Games. The world is trying to pick itself back up after some crazy disaster. Anyways... tell me what dystopian novels you've read recently and what you thought of them. And then, if you haven't already, go read The Maze Runner by James Dashner!!! It is amazing!

Anyhoo... please tell me your suggestions!

Love always,

Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Just read an ARC of Delirium by Lauren Oliver and I think it is PHENOM if you can get your hands on a copy. I'm also currently reading Girl In The Arena by Lisa Haines and it's not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer? How about The Passage by Justin Cronin? I really enjoyed both of those.

    Some other titles I liked that aren't quite dystopian but similar are: Unwind by Neal Shusterman, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looksie- I want to read Delirium SO BAD! I just signed up for a tour for it and really hope I get in. If not, I'll just have to wait until it comes out. I'll have to look into Girl in the Arena!

    Dawn- I haven't read Life as We Knew It or The Passage, so I'll definitely have to go look at those. I loved Uglies and Inside Out :) I'll have to look at Unwind too!

    thanks for the suggestions guys!

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete