Saturday, September 15, 2012

LOTW 12: My favorite re-reads!

I love reading a great new book just as much as anyone else, but what I love even more is re-reading one of my favorite books. The following list highlights some of my favorite re-reads. These are books that read even better the second time around because you either notice things you didn't catch before, fall in love with the characters all over again, or just marvel at the wonderful writing. These are listed in no particular order.

1. The Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery
You can't help but love Anne Shirley even more the second time around. It's fun to go back to the first book and see the differences between the little girl Anne and the grown up Anne.

2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Some may disagree with this one, but I absolutely love reading Wuthering Heights. It's always interesting seeing how your reactions to the characters change the more you read the book. Also, I'm a huge fan of Heathcliff even if no one else is.

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Okay, so really any John Green book would work for this one. I absolutely love John Green's writing and could read his books over and over. His characters are extremely well developed, the plot line is always interesting, and his writing is just absolutely beautiful.

4. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Like John Green, I could read any of Maggie Stiefvater's books ten times over and not be tired of them. However, this one is my absolute favorite. I've never read a book about anything like Stiefvater's water horses. This book has a strong female protagonist, a little romance, some suspense and danger, and a strong family element. And, as always, it is beautifully written by Maggie Stiefvater.
5. The Duff by Kody Keplinger
This is one of my all time favorite books. It is a little bit of lighter reading than the other books on my list, but still amazing. I love it because it has romance and a female protagonist that is incredibly easy to relate to.

6. Going Bovine by Libba Bray
This was one of the first YA novels that really impacted me. It has an incredible storyline and Libba Bray does an excellent job portraying the main character. I could read this one over and over again.


There are a lot of other books that I love to re-read, these are just some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment