Monday, January 17, 2011

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

Release Date: 11/12/2009
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 248
Overall:


A steamy Southern beauty makes one fatal mistake

Natalie Hargrove would kill to be her high school’s Palmetto Princess. But her boyfriend Mike King doesn’t share her dream and risks losing the honor of Palmetto Prince to Natalie’s nemesis, Justin Balmer. So she convinces Mike to help play a prank on Justin. . . one that goes terribly wrong. They tie him to the front of the church after a party—when they arrive the next morning, Justin is dead.

From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds, Natalie unravels. She never should’ve messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove.

Cruel Intentions meets Macbeth in this seductive, riveting tale of conscience and consequence.

When I started this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't like Natalie at all, I didn't really like her boyfriend Mike, but I decided to stick it out because the storyline was just so scandalous. Then the middle actually got really boring, but I kept reading and it's one of those books where you are glad you did because the ending was EPIC. So twisted, didn't even see it coming.

Natalie got better throughout the story, well she didn't really get better, but you got to know her and her reasons for acting the way she did and I empathized with her more by the end. I still didn't really like Mike, but his family sucked, so I'll blame it on that.

The writing was really good. I liked this one a lot better than I liked Fallen which I never did finish, I might try that again to see if Lauren Kate just has a knack for killer endings. Overall, The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove is really good if your looking for a book with lots of scandal.
Cover:

Characters:
Plot:
Writing:
Ending:

xoxo,
Shelbie

No comments:

Post a Comment