Thursday, November 4, 2010

Strange Angels by Lili St Crow

Release Date: 5/14/2010
Publisher: Penguin Group
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 304
Overall:

Dru Anderson has been “strange” for as long as she can remember. She travels from town to town with her father, hunting the things that go bump in the night and eat the unwary. It’s a weird life, but a good one–until it all explodes and a zombie busts into her new house.

Alone, terrified, and trapped in an icy town, Dru’s going to need every inch of her wit and training to stay alive. Can she trust the boy who is just a little too adult–and just happens to get bit by a werwulf? Or the strange blue-eyed boy who tells her she’s heir to a long-forgotten power? Can she even trust her own instincts?
Because Dru is not the first in her family to be killed by the darkness of the Real World. The monsters have decided to hunt back–and now Dru has to figure out who to trust, who to fight, and when to run. And not incidentally, she has to figure out how she’s going to get out of this alive.

And she has to do it by sundown, or it’s all over…

This is the first installment in the Strange Angels series. I found that this book was dark, dangerous and different. Three Ds! I was really excited to read it because the cover on the copy that I have says, "Dru Anderson: Night Hunter. Knife Thrower. Heart Breaker." Unfortunately, I did find she was any of those things, at least in this installment.

In the beginning of the book, there was a sentence that really got to me. "I never saw Dad alive again." That aspect of the book really depressed me. Dru doesn't have anyone. First her mom, then her grandma, then her dad? Sad! It seemed like she had a really great dad too! Sure, he was always putting himself in danger fighting the bad guys and he would leave Dru home alone a lot but he did it for a reason. He made sure she was responsible and taught her a lot of valuable lessons.

The beginning was really reeled me in because her dad dies and she is now alone and what is she supposed to do? The middle was less exciting for me. The end was awesome though. A new character is introduced, Christophe. That's where I kind of got reeled back in.

There are some mythical creatures that are totally new to me in this book that I am kind of excited about. suckers. So far all I know is that suckers are like vampires but they can also turn people into zombies. Scary! There are also different mythical creatures that are briefly introduced that I am excited about too.

Because I really liked the end and it made me really look forward to the next book in the series, Betrayals.
Cover:
Characters:
Plot:
Writing:
Ending:
xoxo,
Shelbie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site
    is wonderful, as well as the content!
    Take a look at my blog post :: piano lessons

    ReplyDelete