Saturday, July 31, 2010
This week we actually have books! Yay! And a really big moment of excitement for me, Amanda. (Several moments actually! Well, to the books!
Shelbie's Wishlist -
1. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
2. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
4. The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Friday, July 30, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wow. This is hard because some books I can't remember if I started reading last year or this year... I think mine is Holly Black. I loved White Cat so much! It was fantabulous! I am looking forward to reading her other books!Comment with your post and tell me what you think of this post and Holly Black! :)
Two words. Jace Wayland. (from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare) Why? Hello man candy! Who wouldn't like to soak up rays with Jace all day? And if a ravenous monster comes to attack the beach I know I'd be covered because Jace can hold his own and protect me while making witty remarks and looking so utterly attractive!Amanda's Answer:
So, Shelbie said I wouldn't be able to make this one, because I'm out of town. However, I have a little bit of time before I leave and will hurry to get it done right now! Hmmmm Shelbie is right, however, and I do agree on the point of Jace. Boy what I would give to see HIM shirtless. BUT I recently read a book called The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols, and I think Adam would be a pretty good choice! The only downside? Adam gets jealous easily. But hey, if ravenous monsters show up and I have to call Jace and Adam gets jealous, I wouldn't mine being protected from monsters by hot guys and being fought over. As long as their faces still come out pretty :)Happy Thursday and leave comments with what you thought of my beach buddy and links to yours!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Hey guys, we have a huge announcement for you! And that is our August Fantasyfest 2010! What is Fantasyfest you ask? This is a way to celebrate the last month of summer through all things fantasy! We have lots of guest posts, giveaways, interviews etc. all having to do with fantasy. So, get out your novels about faeries, werewolves, vampires, unicorns, zombies, shadowhunters, and fantasy galore and have some fantastic fun! if you want, you can take the button below to say you are participating in Fantasyfest 2010. What do you do to participate? Anything related to fantasy! Host a giveaway, have a fantasy related post, review a fantasy book, join our fantasy challenge, enter in our giveaways, and read as much fantasy as you can! There are gazillions of things you can do, so go do them! Feel free to grab our button below and check out the schedule! Worried about missing a Fantasyfest post? Don't worry, they're all tagged as fantasyfest 2010, so just click on that tag and you're good!
August 1st: Rebecca Maizel Interview and Infinite Days giveaway begins(International)
Fantasy Challenge announcement
August 2nd: Fantasy Recommendations
August 3rd: Infinite Days comes out!!!
August 4th: Fantasyfest Ultimate Swag Bag giveaway starts(international)
August 6th: Rebecca Maizel's Fantasy Profile
August 7th: Last day to enter Infinite Days contest!
August 8th: My Soul to Take Rachel Vincent giveaway starts(US, Mexico, and Canada only)
August 13th: Fantasy Profile with Jeremy West from Novel Thoughts
August 14th: Shelbie's Dad's Birthday!!
August 15th: Kersten Hamilton guest post: 5 Characters I wish I had written
August 20th: Fantasy Profile with Isalys and Vanessa from Book Soulmates
August 22nd: CSN giveaway begins(US and Canada only), last day to enter is 8/28
August 24th: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins comes out! (Not Fantasy, but hey, we can be excited for it!)
August 27th: Fantasy Profile with Kris from Voracious YAppetite
August 28th: Last day to enter the CSN Giveaway!
August 29th: Author Interview: Cassandra Clare
August 31st: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare comes out! Last day to enter the Fantasyfest Ultimate Swag Bag giveaway(both international)
First two weeks of September: Conclusion of Fantasyfest, CSN and Ultimate Swag Bag prizes sent out.
So, as you can see, we have a month jam packed full of fun! For the dates that aren't listed, we'll be sure to post reviews, memes, and other posts that have to do with fantasy, so look forward to that!
This can only be awesome if you participate. So be sure to check up all month long, enter giveaways, and read tons of fantasy! Thank you!
Okay, guys, I am waiting on SO MANY BOOKS, but I think I'm going to do the one that I'm going to get next (that isn't already out yet :) ) and that's Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin which, when it comes, will be my FIRST ARC EVER!!! How exciting is that!?! When I get it I'm going to film myself opening the package and post it on the blog like the dork I am, so you can look forward to that! lol
She’s struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn’t like any guy she’s ever met before.
It turns out there’s a reason why, and Ben’s secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents…
But what if that secret changes everything she knows about–and feels for–Ben?
It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.
Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.
I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...
Comment with what you're waiting on and let me know what you think of Low Red Moon, Thanks guys!
xoxo and love always,
Shelbie and Amanda
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
This is how the award works:
Shout from the mountaintop and slap this up all over your blog. :) Link back to the person who gave you the award.
Share seven things about yourself.
Once you're done doing a happy dance, pass this award along to 15 other blogs. It can be awarded for any reason.
Make sure you contact the bloggers so that they know they've won! :)
So I guess I'll post seven things about me and Amanda will if she wants....
Shelbie's 7 Things:
1. I'll be a sophomore in high school this year!
2. I'm a dancer. I love jazz and Musical Theatre dancing!
3. I hate winter. Which is a great thing to hate for a Minnesota kid.
4. I am an avid Pretty Little Liars reader and watcher. I'm addicted!
5. My dream job is to run my own Architecture business.
6. I love back to school shopping. I could live in Office Max! :)
7. I have two dogs and a cat, all of which are completely spoiled! :)
Amanda's 7 things:
1. I am the only girl in my family, with one little brother and 2 older brothers. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing....
2. I am extremely happy. ALL.THE.TIME. Except for when someone does one of my pet peeves.
3. Speaking of pet peeves, I hate when people clean up my room. HATE IT. I'm really specific about where everything goes in there, especially my (color coded) closet.
4. The funny thing? I am NOT a neat person. I don't pick up a lot, my clothes are ALWAYS on the floor. I just happen to like everything in it's right place. And the right place for my clothes is on the floor. :)
5. I really do not like clothes shopping. I like getting new clothes, but I hate trying them on. But I do love shopping for books, cool stuff to hang on my walls, or listfully looking at awesome e-readers that I can't afford.
6. I happen to love Minnesota. I can't stand the heat. But I don't neseccarily like the cold. I just love Minnesota. Especially in the Fall. Oh, and I love the lakes :) It's weird driving through other states and not seeing tons of lakes.
7. I'm a marketing dork. I'm in a marketing/business club at school called DECA, where you make d campaigns and stuff. It's really intense and I LOVE IT. But that does NOT mean I want to go into marketing when I grow up. Maybe I'll minor in it, but I actually want to be an anthropologist or a sociologist. And I think it'd be cool to work at a museum. :) But not one with paintings and stuff. The other kind, I forgot what it's called.
So Shelbie said we'd tag fourteen blogs, but that was a lie. Because she picked all the blogs that I love. :) I added a few notes to why we picked them though.
Okay I tag:
1. Holly from Good Golly Miss Holly - J showed this blog to me (Amanda) and I really loved the books she was reading, the fact that she had ARC tours, and all the other awesome things on her blog. Plus, Holly is just awesome :)
2. Vanessa and Isalys from Book Soulmates - We really liked this blog, because they reminded us a lot of ourselves. Shelbie and I became friends before we startd sharing books, but like them, we got uber close because we both loved books.
3. Jeremy from Novel Thoughts - Okay, it's just awesome to hear a guy's POV once in a while. And he has pretty great one.
4. Kris from Voracious YAppetite - I personally love Kris's blog, for her UBER unique blog title, and the awesome names of her posts. (YAdda YAdda for example.) And if you go there, you will see for yourself that everything she writes is extremely well written and totally her own.
5. Monica from Ramblings of a Book Addict - Okay, love that hader, and LOVE her background! Plus, she's just awesome :) And it's kind of cool that she's just a year older than us. But don't quote me on that, it says 16 onher profile and that's what I'm going by!
6. Alyssa, Jake and Gregory from Teens Read and Write - Okay, this blog is totally unique. They review not only books, but movies too. And they always have lots of other fun stuff on their blog! Plus, their header is epic.
7. Pirate Penguin from Pirate Penguin Reads Oooh what to say what to say. Go to this blog and you'll find well writte reviews, and a really awesome header and background :)
So go forth and check out their blogs and go thank Amelia for giving us our first award! eep!
xoxo and Love Always,
Shelbie and Amanda
I have no idea what's happening but it sounds good! :) So I actually think that it got me excited for reading wicked! haha!
Comment with what you thought of this trailer and link to your trailers too!!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Do you ever listen to book-related podcasts?
If so, which ones and why? (Include the URLs for people who aren’t familiar with them.)
Or, of course, there’s the flip side … did you even know that such a thing existed?
Honestly, I only sort of barely know what podcasts are. Will someone explain them to me? I know they exist and I know authors do them sometimes, but I don't really know what they do exactly. So I guess that will answer my question of do you listen to them? No. :)Amanda's Answer-
Ummmm I've heard of podcasts, but not book related ones. So honestly, no, I don't listen to them.As always leave your responses below with links to your BTT and let us know what you thought of ours!
Lori can't wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wakeboarding and hanging with her friends - including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. Now that she's turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that's not going to happen - not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it.Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori's romantic summer melt into one hot mess?
Monday, July 19, 2010
The Mortal's Library is hosting it's first contest EVER! How exciting is that?!
*edit* All you have to do is fill out the form below. (We'll make sure to enter those that entered before we changed this.)
What do you win exactly?! Well, for FIVE of our amazing viewers, you will get your very own copy of The Secret Diary of Ashley Juergens! Which, is a great book and I think you will enjoy it whether you like the show or not.
Also, there are ways to get extra entries listed in the form below, here is the link to our twitter and July Challenge if you need it to get the extra entries when you fill out the form.
July Challenge is here.
Anyways, just fill out the form and you're ready to go!
Don't forget that this ends July 3st 11:59 pm Central Time, so hurry and enter!
** sendng a mondo huge thank you to Hyperion for supporting our first contest :) **
So, go forth and enter!
xoxo and Love Always,
Oh! and check out Giveaway Scout, (http://www.giveawayscout.com) for other cool contests to enter!
PLEASE enter! (why wouldn't you!) Hugs and Kisses!
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Shelbie's Mailbox -
1. I got the contest books, so I have The Secret Life of Ashley Juergens (five of them! I'm soo excited for the upcoming contest!)
Amanda's Mailbox -
1. Tithe by Holly Black
2. Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Saturday, July 17, 2010
RIGHT THIS INSTANT, WHAT BOOK ARE YOU DYING TO GET YOUR HANDS ON (PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE)?
Oh Gosh, I have a ton of books I am DYING to have, but I have to say, after just re-reading Hush, Hush I would KILL to get my hands on a copy of Crescendo! Becca Fitzpatrick tweets every time a new review comes up and I swear I turn green and steam comes out of my ears! :)
Let me know, and sorry this wasn't exactly "quick" :)
Friday, July 16, 2010
5. "I looked in your student file."
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal"
"There was nothing, not even immunization records."
"And your telling me this becaus you think I might cause an outbreak? Measles or Mumps?"
4. "Let me guess, you've got it in your mind that you can posess the dead. Maggots squirming in and out of your eyeballs... that might be carrying things to far..."
"That's why I keep you around, always seeing things on the positive side."
3. "Spending days keeping mortals out of danger could be fun. Depending on the mortal you're assigned."
"If you had the choice?"
"My answer depends on one very important distinction. Am I roaring drunk or have I completely lost my mind?"
2. "You have no idea what happened to Vee."
"I don't believe you."
"Because you have trust issues. We've been over this."
1. "Give me a reason to trust you."
"Go ahead, but keep in mind that people change. The past doesn't."
And that concludes your Quotes, let me know what you thought of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and if you have any other qutes to contribute let me know!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Age Group: Young Adult
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend...more For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
Okay, first thing you notice when you look at this book. The BEYOND beautiful cover, major props to James Porto, for both this cover and the next in the series, Crescendo, both are insanely beautiful!
Second, Becca's writing is FANTASTIC (I seem to be using a lot of caps and italic, sorry!) her characters are so in depth, I love Nora's strong willed-ness, and her outlook on life, she was an awesome main character/heroine. Patch, oh Patch, he is the epitome of the "bad boy" branch on my list of attractive traits, along with sexy, witty, protective, and overall attractive, need I say more? Last, Vee, she seems like an either you love her or you hate her character, I happened to really like her, she had some really funny lines, and some people are like wow she's so stupid, but then I think if one of my friends said that some guy who seemed like a really nice guy was a murderer I would think they were going a little crazy.
I think the plot is my favourite part of this book. To start, seems that all intense relationships start out in science class. Twilight, Perfect Chemistry, Hush, Hush, does anyone have others? But, Hush, Hush is no different, intense relationship, starts with being partner in Biology. I don't want to give to much away because if you haven't already, I really want you to read this book! But the plot had a perfect mix of romance and scary scenes and twists and turns and an end that I didn't see coming!
When you think about “hot reading,” what does that make you think of? Beach reading? Steamy romances? Books that take place in hot climates? Or cold ones?
Shelbie's Answer -
Oh Gosh, When I think of "hot reading", I have no idea what I think of, probably either reading when it's terribly hot outside or where the books are really steamy and hot! I havn't really thought about it much though :)
Hot reading? Ummm..... I actually have no idea! Probably being unbearably hot underneath my bedcovers reading during a summer night or books with hot guys!
Like I said, comment with yours and let me know what you thought of ours!
xoxo and Love Always,